UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#34586  by torment

Dals latest gasser model..
Attachments
2935266c440b1061.jpeg
2935266c440b1061.jpeg (9.79 KiB) Viewed 13354 times
2935266c44136862.jpeg
2935266c44136862.jpeg (9.7 KiB) Viewed 13354 times
2935266c4410c727.jpeg
2935266c4410c727.jpeg (10.25 KiB) Viewed 13354 times
2935266c440de29d.jpeg
2935266c440de29d.jpeg (9.4 KiB) Viewed 13354 times
 #34598  by Jeff the Paint

harefield99 wrote:I used Ford Sunburst red
If you mean the 'Mr Revell' that was originally done in a Chrysler U.K. red, the Blue was Chrysler U.K. 'Electric Blue' met.
On my model (earlier posts) I used Humbrol 'Signal red' that was just about right.

Jeff
 #34599  by ukdrn

Jeff the Paint wrote:
If you mean the 'Mr Revell' that was originally done in a Chrysler U.K. red, the Blue was Chrysler U.K. 'Electric Blue' met.
On my model (earlier posts) I used Humbrol 'Signal red' that was just about right.

Jeff
You couldn't get a more definitive answer than from the person who painted the real cars 8)
Thanks Jeff.
 #34600  by Jeff the Paint

I now have most of the teams signatures on the base. still a couple to go...
Attachments
IMGP0439.JPG
IMGP0439.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 13312 times
 #34601  by Jeff the Paint

ukdrn wrote:
Jeff the Paint wrote:

Jeff
You couldn't get a more definitive answer than from the person who painted the real cars 8)
Thanks Jeff.
thanks mate, my pleasure..I'll try and remember the name of the red. Memory's not what it should be..:-)
 #34638  by GNRCUSTOMS

Jeff the Paint wrote:
ukdrn wrote:
Jeff the Paint wrote:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.
thanks mate, my pleasure..I'll try and remember the name of the red. Memory's not what it should be..:-)
Nope you cant get a better answer than that :D

Thanks Harefield and Jeff will keep this info in mind when i start mine.

If anyone else is looking to build this car the valve covers in the kit are wrong for the car. I have managed to make a mould of a proper set of donvan valve covers that i can cast for anyone who wants them?
 #34651  by Jeff the Paint

GNRCUSTOMS wrote:
Jeff the Paint wrote:
ukdrn wrote:
Jeff the Paint wrote:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.
Nope you cant get a better answer than that :D

Thanks Harefield and Jeff will keep this info in mind when i start mine.

If anyone else is looking to build this car the valve covers in the kit are wrong for the car. I have managed to make a mould of a proper set of donvan valve covers that i can cast for anyone who wants them?
You are correct on the valve covers, I wish I'd put a little more effort into making the correct one. Don't think I'll change them now though. The distributor is also in the wrong place on the kit engine. (I did change that)

Jeff
 #34654  by GNRCUSTOMS

I could be wrong here but here goes.

The revell mr revell dragster looks to be based on a generic FED kit hence the valve covers are wrong.
Technically the engine is also wrong as it's not based on the 427 Donovan like the real car and that will be why the distributor is located in the wrong place.

Later in the signature series line of kits revell produced the kuhl & Olsen "da fast guys" rear engine dragster and apparently they spent a lot of time researching to produce an accurate 427 Donovan motor.

I borrowed one of these from a fellow member. This did have dizzy at the rear of blower manifold. It also had the correct Donovan valve covers on. It also states Donovan 427 down the side of the block.
 #34658  by Limey

Sorry to be pedantic (Hi Gareth) but that should be Donovan 417 - the mag is at the back because the block was based on the 392 hemi which Ed Donovan said had stronger mains than the 426.
Limey