UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2595  by jaytee

Pete Andrews in action

#2690  by jaytee

Roland Pratt at Blackbushe

#2806  by ukdrn

Here's some pit shots for this thread
Some id help with this one please.
Image:Cliff Watts

#2819  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:Here's some pit shots for this thread

Some id help with this one please.
Image:Cliff Watts
Great pics Jon. That's "Tonks" powered by a 1022cc Ford and run by P. Nicholls in 1974 & '75

#2830  by ukdrn

Thanks Nick.
Going by the way the blower is mounted this must be Travel Agent in a different guise to the Black and Yellow car I know.

#2831  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:Thanks Nick.
Going by the way the blower is mounted this must be Travel Agent in a different guise to the Black and Yellow car I know.
Sure is Jon taken in 1974 and what a classic early 70s British altered it was, it had all the ingredients: Nose high Jag engine, top mounted blower with SUs in all directions, short wheelbase, box chassis, Jago body and Woolfies on the back...........

#2832  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote: Image
Nice pit shot from 1967 when the pits were where the drag strip is now situated and the start was where the finish line is now. You can see the start line control tower in the distance so the photographer must have been standing near where the christmas tree is now. In the foreground is "Pheaton 1", Jack Stillwell and Tony Brown's Jag slingshot which became "Methsdrinker" in the 70s and "Goodguys" in the 80s. Behind that is the Ken Bunce Jag slingshot which was run by Brian Ringsell in '67 and called "Wee Green Pea" and on the left Brian Parkins gets ready for a run on his Truimph/Keele Kart....

#2834  by timetravel

Here's a couple of shots from the pits at Santa Pod in 1966 and two Modified Eliminator cars, the Cortina of Eric Ellis and the Mini of Tom Hopkinson. If you look to the left of the Mini you can just see Houndog lll being pushed by Nobby's Mk1 Zodiac. Image Image

#2872  by ukdrn

Does anyone have any information on the 'Ant Hill Mob' Topolino altered behind Sue Coles car?

#2884  by ukdrn

Thanks Alan, I thought with the info you have supplied I would start a new thread about the Topolino body.
viewtopic.php?t=428